Monday, September 3, 2007

Back to School

Reality is setting in as I type this. Tomorrow is the first day of school. My full class of 25 students will arrive in the morning. I'm ready for them physically, but mentally, I'm not so sure. With just moving into our house and all of the busy-ness that comes with that, I feel that I could use a bit more time off. We spent the entire Labor Day weekend either at Home Deport or painting. The word labor fits quite well this year. Welcome to home ownership! There is always something to be done. But I love it and am so thankful to have this home of ours. And yes, in spite of the lack of enthusiasm I feel about going back to school, I am very thankful for a rewarding and great career that I have. So, off to bed I go, for a good night's sleep to be ready for the first day of school.

p.s. We've had requests for some photos of the interior of the house. We'll get some of those up here soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you starting classes this morning. Hope you have a wonderful day. Praying for you. Love, Mom E

Pam said...

Hope your first day went well! I wish this was my first day- we had 4 days last week- yuk! I'm in my 2nd week of school and not so sure I am mentally ready yet ;) Hope all went well and you like your class (I have a VERY low group this year - 20 non-readers is a bit of a challenge). So glad you are enjoying the new home! Time to have a house warming party (or a house painting party) ;-)

amyesteele said...

Need pictures of interior. Need pictures of Sean with paint all over him. Need pictures of the doors on the office. I love those doors.

Pam said...

Hope these first few days are going well...I've tagged you for a meme, check out my blog to play along if you are interested.