Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful

I am so thankful that we were able to go to San Jose for Thanksgiving. Glen and Amy opened Hotel Steele for the 6 Steele's and our friend Steve. Sean and I had a very smooth trip out to California on Wednesday and stayed until Monday morning, when we took a very early flight back home. The days included wandering around Los Gatos, eating a very yummy turkey, a visit to Trader Joes so I could get my favorite chocolate truffles, snacking and drinking tea, a day in San Francisco, a little wine tasting at several local wineries, the Body Worlds exhibit at the San Jose Tech Museum, and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory near Santana Row. Besides all of the tourist-y activities, we enjoyed family (and Steve) time back at house, while the men rocked at Guitar Hero. Amy and I made a valiant attempt, but were booed off by the cyber-fans on the game. As it always is, vacations must come to an end. Sadly, Sean and I made the trek back home with ease. It wasn't until we got our car and started the drive home from the Baltimore airport that we experienced any delays. We hit rush hour traffic on the beltway. Welcome back to reality!

Thanks, Glen and Amy, for a wonderful time.

Click here for some photos of our trip . . . Thanksgiving Vacation

4 comments:

Pam said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing those! So glad that you had a nice vacation and trip- what a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday. Glad it all went well.

Anonymous said...

Marci & Sean- Loved seeing your pictures! So happy that you were all able to visit, and it certainly looks like you made the most of your trip. A & G are great tour guides, aren't they?

Linda W

amyesteele said...

It was awesome.
I have since successfully completed a song on Guitar Hero. Only one, but I did it nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Mom S,
What a wonderful time we had together. Definately want to do it again.
I looove Thanksgiving.
From Mom S