Monday, March 17, 2008

Vegas, Baby!!



I spent a few days last week in Las Vegas. A group of us from work attended Conexpo 2008 Basically the largest construction equipment convention in the galaxy. We flew out last wednesday, and I came home on saturday. To say that the convention was rather large would be a complete understatement. Massive, gargantuan, completely impressive would be words better suited to describe the show, it was awesome. It took 2 days of solid walking to see everything I needed to see, and I still didn't see everything.
Needles to say that by the end of it, I was pretty tired.

We also had an opportunity to spend some time walking around 'Vegas.
What an experience that was, so here are my observations.

1: Las Vegas was built by an alien civilization, determined to extract as much money as possible from the human race. They needed this money to help re-finance the unfolding sub-prime mortgage disaster on their own planet.
2: The aliens have also constructed some kind of time altering mechanisim flux capacitor thingy that makes time, well, irrelevant. (That way you spend more money)
3: Elvis apparently has many brethren that look just like him. My opinion is that they are undercover alien FBI agents, keeping an eye on us humans.
4: The alien logistics, and zoning committee that picked the site for Las Vegas construction did a lousy job. Somehow, they picked the middle of the desert. Don't they know we humans require large amounts of water for survival?
5: After the Chief of the zoning committee was fired for this mistake, they just built Hoover dam, and solved that problem. Ah - free electricity too!!! Brilliant!!!
6: During the test and market research phase of their project, they also discovered that as long as you have cocktail waitresses feeding the humans free alcohol, they tend to keep putting more and more money into their slot machine-money collection systems.
7: Make it big and shiny, with lots of sparkly lights and neon, and the humans just keep coming back!!! Moohahahah.....

Well, it seems to be working - quite well actually.
I was almost suckered in, until I hit a 777 on the 25c slot machine, and took them for $12.50.
HAHAHAHA.
I got my money out before they could get any more of it. Take that you freaks.

So, also thanks to my company for putting us up in a very swanky hotel. I have vowed to return someday, I just find those big neon lights strangely attractive.....

Sean.

The Venetian, outside




Caesars Palace (E.T. HQ)

No comments: