Its a useful phrase, coined conveniently by political organizers. This way they can put a definition on those folks like me who are sick and tired of hearing about this election.
It's much easier to handle something when you have a name for it. Its much easier to not offend anyone. We are great at that in America. This all happened when we started calling the janitor a "custodial technician." Or a secretary an "executive assistant."
So, if there are people out there who are suffering from "voter burnout" you can now form a special focus group designed specifically to win back those precious lost votes. You can create new positions, for instance: you can have an "administrative assistant to the public relations liason" for the "special voter burnout task force"
Thats great! Who's going to pay for this? Oh never mind, were going to use money from a government grant. How much you ask? Oh, a couple hundred million, that should do it.
Good - aren't you glad that votes come cheap?
Speaking of cheap - if the credit markets are so screwed up, and there's no money to borrow, why did I get an application in the mail today from Chase bank for a $50,000 home equity loan with "payments as low as $198 per month!!!"
Here's where I am with all of this.
1. I'm tired of getting forwarded emails telling me that Obama is a complete terrorist, and we will all die if he is elected.
2. I'm tired of John McCain calling me his friend, and telling me that he will veto any pork barrel bill - and I will "know their names"
3. I'm really tired of hearing about "change" when I see nothing but more of the same from both sides.
Wow - I must have a really bad case of voter burnout.......
4 comments:
I'm tired of hearing about "Main Street." It's starting to remind me of, dare I say it, "lockbox." "Maverick" is another gem.
Also, crowds of sheep booing and cheering like schoolchildren at inane statements by candidates.
Just click that channel button again until it lands on the Discovery channel. Life is good.
Alternatively, pull the plug on your tv, and start working through all the literary classics that you were supposed to read in school but couldn't bear so you read the Cliff Notes instead.
"Just click that channel button again until it lands on the Discovery channel. Life is good."
"start working through all the literary classics"
Well said. I hear you on the feeling of being burned out. I feel it as well. I'm also exhausted by the culture war going on, but at the end of the day I have to remind myself that we live better than most people on the Earth. I say that humbly knowing it's a blessing. I open my Bible and go to church freely, have the basics of life available to me 24/7, and I can do pretty much whatever I want to do (within the law) without fear. Yes the economy is in the crapper, yes my 401K has seriously declined, yes this is an important election, but life is good. Very good. This week I treated many people who wished they had another chance to do life over. Believe me not one of them asked me questions about politics. They wanted to be whole and be with their family - period. We worry about so many things that just don't matter. Let's vote already.
Just turned on Discovery channel to watch my hero Bear Grylls. I'm learning how to survive if I'm ever stranded in the Florida everglades. :) Now there's a guy with a zeal for life! I doubt he EVER watches the news.
Sean you crack me up :) Aren't we ALL sick of it ALL - I agree with Scott...let's vote already!!!
Post a Comment