OK folks,
Wow, I didn't expect all those comments on my last post. I truly appreciate all of your feedback.
Unfortunately, since this is an open blog some anonymous members of our new society have decided to post some not so nice things that I really don't feel are pleasant.
The goal of this blog is to create warm fuzzy feelings about family, life, love and friends - not a forum for a political gunshot wound.
So I take full responsibility for throwing the "cat amongst the pigeons" but have removed the last post and comments in the interest of maintaining happy thoughts.
Feel free to comment - (nice things only)
:)
S.
3 comments:
I'm sorry you felt you had to remove that last post- I hope I wasn't part of the reason you did that. I thought it was well written and you had a great point. Mean bloggers stink!
Bummer - it was a lengthy one and it came from your heart. I was actually going to show it to my husband - it was along the lines of how we feel. We didn't think McCain was the best choice for our party or nation either and he had his own set of issues but Obama and his socialist ideas concerned us way more. So a not so heart-felt vote for McCain would serve the purpose of taking one away from Obama. Well, he's now going to be our next president whether we like it or not. Remember in 1 Samuel when Israel demanded a king..oh they got their king...Saul. God warned them that they didn't need one but they insisted so He gave them one. Of course they found out later the hard way that maybe King Saul wasn't the best choice for them (but God took care of them when he gave them David). Here's the USA, clearly demanding their "king" Obama - are we really much different than the Israelites? As believers, the Bible tells us that we are to pray for our leaders and obey their laws. It's time for us as a body of Christ, to put our heart where our mouth is and get on our knees because in the end....God is in control. We have salvation and freedom in Christ and honestly - we couldn't ask for anything more. Sure things will change around here as they always do when a new president is brought into office but now is the time, more than ever, for believers to stand out and share the faith we have from our Heavenly Father. We have a peace that only comes from God and when times of crisis cause everyone else to panic (ie: stock market etc.), we need to hold steadfast to the one and only Truth we know. If we hear lots of grumbling, let's point those to the living Word of God who can gives peace that passes all understanding, joy from within and love for mankind. So basically what I'm trying to say - Obama is president, we'll deal with it. It's all good. God is still in control and we need to keep our eyes on Him. Sorry - guess I ranted quite a bit (but I was nice).
Hi Bethany,
I don't know if we have met. I am Sean's Mom and thank you for your encouraging words. I would also like to ask a question of us all.....In the light of eternity, how important is this all????
I think we should all take a deep breath and carry on living our lives to the best of our abilities, and don't forget to smell the roses along the way
Mom S
Post a Comment