1: Our other favorite place "Kalhouns" closed down. :(
2: They serve chilled Guinness.
3: The fish and chips is amazing - Marci let me try a bite of her dinner.
4: They serve chilled Guinness.
5: The authentic Irish charm is really cool.
Interestingly, last time we flew back from vacation in Ireland, I sat next an Irishman who is a good friend of the guy who built Annie Baileys!
We had a great time. Here are a few pictures.
Other events this weekend included us watching the new Harry Potter movie.
3 reasons I really liked it:
1: We sat so close to the screen, I felt I was in the movie.
2: Last night I dreamed that I actually was Harry Potter.
3: Stadium seating at the new movie theater, with seats that actually lean back easily - its about time.
Another observation I had at the cinema - Why don't they just get to it and build a footrest behind every seat? Surely this would solve a lot of the typical movie-going issues we all face. It would spare the seats from greasy, popcorn laden shoes, and solve the problem of the 7 year old kid behind you kicking your seat.
In other interesting news, our house is in the final stages of delivery. My daily inspections are going well. I fear that soon however, we will not be able to break in anymore, as the deadbolt will be installed shortly. It seems that after some lengthy negotiation with Marci, my hope of having a riding mower is slowly slipping through my hands. Oh well. I guess she is right. My other compromise was for us to buy a goat and name him Kubota, or John Deere, that way our lawn would trim itself. That also was shot down during final stages of approval. Who cares what the neighbors think, I say. Think of all the carbon emissions from lawnmowers we would save in America if every household had a "Lawn Goat" Hmmm......
Oh well,
Take care everyone.
Sean.
4 comments:
Hey guys, I enjoy your blog. Way to go putting your foot down, Marce, about the lawn goat (sorry Sean ;) )...turns out, cows and other "ruminants" such as goats put out their fair share of methane:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/methane-cow.htm
Consider that New Zealand tried to pass a "flatulence tax" in 2003 (which wasn't adopted because of public protest). Hahahaha.
Your house looks great!
I guess Glen was taking the pictures? Glad to see everyone found a white shirt! :) AB's is a favorite of ours as well; how can you not love it?
Always a good blog for a laugh! Thanks Sean! Come borrow one of our JD's if you need some man time!
Opps! That was from Heidi!
Post a Comment