Monday, July 16, 2007

Stuff

Well, friends, we haven't posted in a few days. But honestly, there hasn't been much to tell. Sean went back to work after our nice little vacation and I had a few days of inservice at work and caught up on my scrapbooks. My intention to start packing for our big move while Sean was at work fell through. I just couldn't get motivated. So, this weekend I brought him on board with the packing thing and we checked the basement off of our to-do list. It is now cleaned and organized with boxes ready to grab and go on move day. Ahh!

As far as the progress on the house, it's happening. It's just harder to see now that the work is mostly inside. They did pour the concrete for the patio and the sidewalk that runs along the street. It looks like they're starting the walk that leads to front door. We have a garage door too. Because Sean has devised a new way to break into the house without the help of the neighborhood children or climbing ladders to get through windows, we were able to see that they're laying the board down to prep the floors for the vinyl and carpet. We don't quite have the budge for the hardwood or tile floors that we so desire, but in a while we'll become dyi-ers and do it ourselves.

Here is the floor plan for our house. As you can see, it's basically a big box, but we're going to like our big box. Actually, this floor plan is the opposite of ours. Just flip this around and you've got our house. See, we have a guest room, so come visit!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute Marci. thanks for teh update. I will take you up on the "guest room"... :) Would love to stop by the house to see how it's progressing when we're in town in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

The house is looking great. So excited for you both. I think Dad and I will have to come and spend a night in the guest room. Good luck with the packing. Shout if you need help.
Love
Mom S

Anonymous said...

I keep checking this each day. It is time for an update, don't you think. It just keeps coming up "Stuff". Guess you all are busy.
It sure was fun to surprise you on Sunday night. Have a great day.
Love, Mom E.