Saturday, June 7, 2008

Belated

Sean's 33rd birthday was on Tuesday, June 3. I'm a few days late with these wishes. I had wonderful intentions of blogging that day, but, well it just didn't happen. So, here's how we celebrated and my wishes for Sean . . .

I have a philosophy that birthdays are meant to be special. Maybe because my parents always made the effort to make my sister's and my birthday a day set apart from every other day. That could mean something as simple as a special dinner. (By the way, thanks, Mom and Dad). So, since Sean had already purchased his new camera for his birthday, I set about trying to make his day a little different than the rest. I made him breakfast in bed, which simply consisted of an English muffin and tea (I don't cook.). I think he was awake enough to enjoy it. He's so not a morning person! Then I gave him 2 T-shirts so he'd have something to open on the actual birthday. Finally after a day of work for the both of us, we went to dinner at Annie Bailey's, one of Sean favorite restaurants, so he could drink a Guinness and have some good ole' Irish fish and chips. Ahh! When he said it was one of his most enjoyable days, I knew my simple little efforts had paid off.


So, happy birthday, Sean. I love you for so many reasons. Here are a few that I'll share with our devoted blog readers.
  • I love Sean's ability to be completely his own person and not care what others think.
  • I love his creativity . . . in visual art and musically.
  • I love his sense of humor and ability to make others laugh.
  • I love his ambition, work ethic and integrity.
  • I love Sean's South African heritage.
  • I love that he comes with a great family.
  • I love his patience with me and his sensitivity.
  • I love his "it is what it is" attitude and his positive outlook on life.
  • I love Sean!

6 comments:

Pam said...

What a wonderful tribute to your hubby! How nice that you made his day so special!

Anonymous said...

What a nice blog. Any husband would love to hear that stuff. I may be a little biased, but I tend to agree with Marci. Wonderful good son-in-law!I thought of you on the 3rd too and even intended to send an e-card. But at least we celebrated early--Saturday--and enjoyed our dinner at Maccaroni Grill. Lot of eating out for someone trying to lower their cholestrol, don't you think? :0) Oh well, enjoy your year! Love,Mom E.

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Sean! Phil's wish to you is... "33 take a pee"...HA! HA! We love you man....

Anonymous said...

Marci,
I love you for loving our Sean so dearly. May you enjoy lots of special birthdays together.
Love you,
Mom S

Colored With Memories said...

Happy Late B'day! You're a year ahead of us!

Anonymous said...

Marci, what a wonderful person you are! That was really sweet! And Sean, Happy birthday late! You are great! Heidi R