Friday, January 16, 2009

Man (I mean..) "hobby room" complete




I have almost completed construction of our "hobby room." I have to call it this since "man room" is not politically correct around my, I mean "our" house.

For years I have dreamed of this. A room where I can record music, set up my gear and leave it out, have some space to move around. No more practice in the cold, lonely basement, or dragging my amp up and down the stairs, ugh.

I think that poor Marci has dreamed of this too, a room where she can close the door on all of my junk without having to step over miles of cables and guitar stuff. At least now our nice study downstairs will stay that way - "nice." She can use this room for all of her scrapbooking as well.

Is it weird that we now essentially have 2 rooms with full scale desk's and whatnot in our home?
At first I was bothered by this, but then I realized that I could care less what people think.
There's only two of us in this big four bedroom home, we might as well use it all.

Here are the pics. We still need to paint, but you get the idea.



4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Looks good! I agree with the why not use all the house idea. We put the treadmill in the baby room, and we are using every inch of house now!!!!!! Liberating!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new hobby/music room. It looks great.
Mom S

Anonymous said...

I love those tables. Give me a clue where you got them when you have a chance. I'm guessing it wasn't V.City furniture! :) Heidi

P3T3RK3Y5 said...

sweet man - looks good! do we get to hear tunage?

check out "Auralex MoPad Monitor Isolation Pads" for under those speakers. gets them off the glass so the table doesn't resonate - will sound *much* clearer.